Latest information on COVID-19
Student Services/Visa Specialist (Hybrid Work Opportunity Available)
Stanford University is seeking a Student Services Officer 1 to be responsible for making recommendations and resolving first level decisions on issues regarding admission, financial aid, housing, registrar services, visa services, student life, advising, career counseling and academic services using defined policies and practices and professional knowledge. This position will provide advice to students on a range of issues to guide them in making appropriate choices and decisions.
The successful candidate will provide operational and administrative support for postdoctoral fellows, graduate and undergraduate students for the Departments of Neurology and Neurosurgery (approximately 150 postdoctoral fellows total). Process appointments including independently composing offer letters and termination letters from templates and reviewing appointment paperwork for relevance, correctness and compliance with sponsor requirements/regulations before submitting to Office of Postdoctoral Affairs.
Manage visa submission process for all visa types (J1, H1B, TN) for all postdoctoral fellows, staff employees and faculty. Determine which visa type is appropriate by analyzing each individual’s education, employment and residence in the USA and working with individual and PI to submit paperwork to the International Center prior to submission to USCIS. Coordinate work schedule to meet strict deadlines.
- Review documents and forms for completeness, track files for follow up and distribute for review.
- Research and resolve routine issues, refer complex issues to other staff.
- Input data, update electronic databases, web sites, literature, and associated materials. May collect, gather and validate data, prepare basic reports.
- Respond to routine inquiries from students, faculty, external constituents, and staff.
- Serve as a subject matter resource to students and other departments.
- Contribute to general office administration and process improvements.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
- Previous experience working with students in an academic setting.
- Basic knowledge of fellowship appointment and visa processing.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Bachelor’s degree and two years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Basic analysis and problem solving skills.
- Customer service skills.
- Relevant computer systems/technology experience.
- Understanding of financial transactions.
- Ability to learn compliance with legal, financial, and university policies and external regulations.
- Frequently sit, perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Occasionally stand, walk, twist, use fine manipulation, grasp, use a telephone, write by hand, sort and file paperwork, lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Hybrid work agreement. Employee will be expected to be on-site at least 2 days per week and as needed.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
As an organization that receives federal funding, Stanford University has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement that will apply to all university employees, including those working remotely in the United States and applicable subcontractors. To learn more about COVID policies and guidelines for Stanford University Staff, please visit https://cardinalatwork.stanford.edu/working-stanford/covid-19/interim-policies/covid-19-surveillance-testing-policy.
- Student Services Clerkship Coordinator Stanford, California
- Student Services Assistant Director, Connections: Leadership and Engagement (Hybrid) Stanford, California
- Student Services Student Services Officer 2 Stanford, California
About the Location
Find out what it’s like to live and work in Stanford, California.Start exploring
Find your Fit
Jobs For You
No Recently Viewed Jobs.
No Jobs Saved.